Project Beauty Share is a non-profit organization that takes slightly used beauty products and donates them to homeless people. In a world filled with subscription beauty boxes and bags, we all know that we get samples we don't like or want. This is an easy way to give back and to open up space in your vanity.
As you can imagine, there are going to be certain rules in place when it comes to the donations that are accepted. It's important to keep sanitation in mind.
Below is a list of items they will NOT accept:
- Any item with a wand that has been used or swatched, such as mascara, lip gloss, liquid lip color, liquid eyeliner, foundations and concealers.
- Loose powders in containers that don’t have the seal, such as mineral powder, foundations, eyes shadows and highlighters.
- Cream eyeliners, eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers and highlighters in pots or pans that have been used or swatched.
- Liquid Foundations in bottles with screw on tops and cream foundations that have been used or swatched.
- Used or swatched lipstick tubes and liquid lip colors.
- Twist up lip liners and eye liners
- All lipsticks/lip colors must be new
These makeup items are acceptable but must be barely used:
- Pressed eye shadows
- Pressed blush, bronzers and highlighters
- Eye and Lip liners- MUST be the type you can sharpen.
- Liquid foundations in airless pump containers
- Squeeze tube foundations
Moisturizer, Sunscreen, Masks, Eyecream, Exfoliaters, Cleansers, Primers
Deoderants, Body Sprays, Body Lotions, Shower Gels,Bar Soaps, Razors, Sunscreen, Nail Polish
Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Products, Combs & Brushes
Gently used Blow Dryers, Flat Irons, Curling Irons
New Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Mouthwash
Pads and Tampons
New Makeup Brushes, Pressed Eyeshadow, Blush, Bronzers, Highlighters, Eyeliners, Unused Mascara, New Lip Products, Foundations, Powder, Face Primer